Captain Fawcett is delighted to collaborate with his pals at Portamus thus bringing you this splendid scaled down version of the original ergonomic backpack designed by adventurer Ole Bergans in 1908.
This simply beautifully crafted, handmade in Great Britain Captain Fawcett knapsack is limited to just 10 pieces and will be bespoke made to order.
As such, there will be at least 10 days between an order being received and its final delivery. Should you make an order, a member of the Captain Fawcett crew will be in contact to confirm the details and give you an estimated delivery date.
This remarkable Limited Edition ‘Rockness’ Captain Fawcett/Portamus drop is inspired by the fantastic frame backpacks of the early 20th century, so popular with mountaineers and Nordic explorers. It is a unique update of that classic with multi-strap system to keep you comfortable and all your expedition essentials securely supported.
Available in Scout Taupe (as shown)
- 3 external pockets (for Kendal mint cake).
- Internal slip pocket (ample room for an OS map & Penguin paper-back).
- Internal leather zip pocket. For precious essentials.
- English woven drawstring closure, creating a generous capacity for over-trousers, balaclava, etcetera!
- Unique update of the classic frame system with powder coated tubular steel.
- Fully adjustable straps.
- Top grab handle.
- Italian vegetable tanned leather trim.
- Irish woven linen lining.
- Size: H 42cm x W 40cm x D 18cm
- Approx 30 Ltrs
Our bags cannot be washed or dry-cleaned, but may be sponged gently with a soap-free damp cloth. Always allow to dry thoroughly after use, in a cool, airy environment. Please don’t dry on a radiator; the leather will not thank you. Reproofing wax cotton bags will maintain the waterproof qualities and extend your bag’s life.
All Portamus products are covered by a lifetime guarantee.